“Dawaipani”, an upcoming and emerging off bit destination in the hills of West Bengal, India is very near to Darjeeling town and very far from our hectic city life. This village is located in Rangli Rangliot Tehsil of Darjiling district in West Bengal, India. The place where one can take the breath on the lap of nature. This village is surrounded by Pine trees and Renowned Tea Estates like Lamahatta Tea estate, Glenburn Tea Estate, Takdah Tea Estate.
At an altitude of approx 6500 feet, Dawaipani is located at the center of the dense Himalayan forest. The total geographical area of village is 171.99 hectares. Dawaipani has a total population of 1,425 peoples. There are about 137 houses in Dawaipani village. Most of the persons are completely reliant on agriculture. The main attraction of this village is the uninterrupted view of Mt. Kanchenjunga, the clear view of Namchi Chardham or Samdruptse Monastery and the Darjeeling town. You will feel like you are somewhere in space when you see the glittering of light of Darjeeling town at night.
Dawaipani – the village named after medicated water. Dawaipani or as the name suggests, Medicated water, is the nature’s own center for curing emotional and physical stress. Dawaipani is located just 15 km away from Darjeeling town, nearest junction is Jorrbunglaw, which is just 7 km away. Here one can take the breath on the lap of nature.
How to reach:
By train: The major stations – Siliguri is 72 km and NJP is 76 km from the Property. From the stations, one has to book the cab which takes about 2 hours and 50 minutes to reach depending on the road condition.
By flight: Bagdogra airport is situated around 75 km from the town and takes about 3 hours to reach.
Dawaipani Outdoor Activity :
• Trekking – A popular light trek of an hour is from Nomadic Homestay – Dawaipani to the Peshok road. There are several other trekking trails of moderate to a high difficulty level for the serious trekkers.
• Hike in the forest – Thick Himalayan forest areas surround this place. So go for a hiking adventure and discover the mysteries of nature.
• Bird watching – the thick forest is the natural home for a huge variety of birds.
• Farm visit – Enjoy the visit to the local farm of vegetables and fruits.
• Traditional dance – get immersed in the rich cultural activity by witnessing the traditional dance by the locals.
The best time to visit
Best time to visit: Although an ideal holiday destination, Dawaipani can be visited almost throughout the year, but the best season to visit is between the autumn months of October to November and spring time of February to March. During this time the temperature remains pleasant and the weather is ideal for a trek.
Accommodation in Dawaipani
This small village is still virgin destination in tourism map, only nature lover and bird watcher visiting this place, so this is not well commercialized. Only few huts and village houses are there, local people has started their room as homestay.
1. Rover Stay
2. Dawaipani Home Stays
3. Zero Point
4. Nature Halt
5. Diki’s Home Stay
• All rooms are equipped with attached western toilet.
• All rooms are fully wooden furnished.
• Arrangement of local sightseeing on request.
• Pick – up and drop facility on request.
• All rooms offer stunning views of Mt. Kanchenjunga.
• Barbecue on request (depends of the availability of woods).
• Per day per person @ 1400/- (includes both food and lodging)
• Food includes breakfast and tea, lunch, evening tea and snacks and dinner).
Dawaipani Nearby Attractions :
Darjeeling, Takdah, Tinchuley, Chatakpur, Rangeyroong, Lamahata Park and More.